Thursday, January 31, 2013

Opposites!

When you were a kid, did your siblings or friends ever say, "Today is Opposite Day?!" We used to have Opposite Day all the time, and I remember it really annoying our mom! :) A few days ago we had Opposite Day in our classroom... Opposite Morning, really. It was so much fun!

We read Eric Carle's Opposites... what a cute book! It's simple, but the colorful illustrations really held my kids' attentions!

After reading, we talked about the opposites in the book and thought up some more of our own. Each child illustrated a card with a word I had written at the top. Then, they had to find their opposite partner and present their opposite pictures to the class. What a great way to practice the Common Core standard SL.K.6: Speak audibly and express thoughts, feelings, and ideas clearly.



After we finished our opposite cards, we put them on a poster!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gearing Up for Back to School!

Wow, this summer has flown by!  I can't believe I only have 2 weeks left before I report back for pre-planning!  As the summer comes t...