Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Back to School Time is Looming...

I went to my classroom yesterday to try and start putting things together for the new school year.  This takes serious dedication because the air conditioner is not on in the building in the summer time. It was HOT!  I walked in to this and had to take a few deep breaths before getting started...


Moving furniture by yourself in a steaming hot classroom is tough!  But, I have no choice... it needs to get done and pre-planning is just not enough time to arrange the classroom as well as prepare everything else that's needed for Open House and the first week of school!  I stayed for a few hours and left it looking like this...


There's still a lot to do, but I put a dent in the mess!

I'm also excited to finish up an activity pack I've been working on for back to school... Color Fun!  I plan to spend a lot of time working on colors and color words for the first few weeks, so I'm glad to have this resource finished and ready to go!  It has emergent readers, printable practice sheets, and center activities.  Click on the picture below to check it out... it's on sale for the next 24 hours!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Gearing Up for Back to School!

Wow, this summer has flown by!  I can't believe I only have 2 weeks left before I report back for pre-planning!  As the summer comes t...