Friday, August 2, 2013

Five for Friday...

I. Am. Exhausted.

And the kids haven't even come back to school yet!  Monday is our Open House... which is more like a  Meet the Teacher day.  I've been running around trying to get my room together and attend several meetings this week.  Kids come on Wednesday!

Five for Friday is back!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching this week!




 1.  

I got a new laminator for my birthday and I LOVE IT!  It's in my classroom for right now, but I plan to keep it at home to use when making new centers and such on the weekends.  

2.  

Speaking of my birthday, a couple of friends and I went painting... it was Christmas in July night and this was what we did.  I'm happy with my finished result. :)


3.  


As part of the back to school festivities, our county gathered all of the teachers from every school for a Back to School Pep Rally.  There was a relay race where 5 teachers from each school had to race to dress the principal for the first day of school.  Our team chose quite an outfit for our principal including a fashionable yellow skirt.  He was a really good sport!


4.  


I stayed late at school today finished up my back to school board.  I printed pictures of the foods from the book and will let the kids color one at Open House Monday morning while their parents are filling out forms.  Also, I purposely hang my letters all funky and slightly crooked... my first year of teaching my mentor teacher gave me a tip that trying to hang them straight is frustrating because it's so hard to get every letter perfect!


5.  

Here's how my room looked when I left this evening... there isn't much else I can do to get ready for Open House, but there's still a lot left to do before kids come on Wednesday!  I plan to post more detailed pics of my room next week after I get it completely ready for kids!




1 comment:

  1. We meet our kids on Monday too but they don't actually come to school until the 14th! Good luck Monday!!

    Bridget
    First Grade Circus

    ReplyDelete

Gearing Up for Back to School!

Wow, this summer has flown by!  I can't believe I only have 2 weeks left before I report back for pre-planning!  As the summer comes t...