Monday, August 12, 2013

Teacher Week '13 -- Meet the Teacher

This week I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' to participate in Teacher Week '13!  





So, let's talk about me!  My name is Andrea and I live in Georgia.



I've been teaching kindergarten for 13 years... hard to believe that this is my 14th year!  I've only ever taught kindergarten and after all these years, I still love it and feel passionate about it!  I've also been at the same school for my entire career... something I feel very blessed about because I know that isn't the case for a lot of teachers.  My school is my second home and the teachers I teach with truly are my family.


On a personal note, I have been married for 12 years.  We do not have children yet but are pursuing adoption and are matched with an amazing expectant mom who is due in October!  We do have a sweet chihuahua and two cats and they are all excited about our growing family! :)




So, a few random things about me.  I love to read and cook.  I watch too much reality television!  I am currently obsessed with all flavors of mini rice cakes.  I bought an embroidery machine last summer and find it very relaxing to sit and create things.  I am the oldest of 5 kids and my youngest sibling is 8 years old.

Stay tuned this week for more Teacher Week posts!








2 comments:

  1. How gorgeous to be expecting a child in October. Wow - the same school. I have been to many schools, but think where I am is where I will stay.
    Paula from Paula’s Place and iSURF Maths

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that you are matched! What a wonderful new chapter in your life to look forward to. I am so jealous that you have been at only one school. Due to a variety of circumstances (school closing, reductions in classes, new job opportunities), I have been at several schools over the years. While change can be good, it is so hard sometimes!
    ps. I heart kindergarten, too!

    ReplyDelete

Gearing Up for Back to School!

Wow, this summer has flown by!  I can't believe I only have 2 weeks left before I report back for pre-planning!  As the summer comes t...