Monday, November 12, 2012

Thanksgiving Fun!

We are having some Thanksgiving Fun in class this week! Today we had fun with two math activities that the kids loved! First, we played a turkey Roll & Color game... now, I don't know what it is about Roll & Color, but my kiddos LOVE it! Some have even asked if they could play during developmental center time. Hmmm... I would have never guessed that Roll & Color can be more appealing than blocks or painting!
Oh, and see that orange piece of felt in the picture above? It's the PERFECT way to keep the noise level down when using dice in your classroom! We also graphed our favorite Thanksgiving foods! We read "There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Pie" and talked about the Thanksgiving foods she ate, as well as brainstormed other foods not included in the book. Then, I gave the kids 4 options to choose from (any more would have overwhelmed my group)... they colored their choice, cut it out, and then placed it on the correct spot on our class graph.
We had a tie for the food that was the most favorite as well as the food that was the least favorite!
You can grab these activities, and a bunch more, in my Thanksgiving packets!
What fun Thanksgiving activities are you doing this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gearing Up for Back to School!

Wow, this summer has flown by!  I can't believe I only have 2 weeks left before I report back for pre-planning!  As the summer comes t...